2019 Calendar of Events at White Eagle
Throughout the year: Ekone Ranch Work Parties These weekends, held once a month (except during summer camp season), are lovely way to get to know the community and do conservation, forestry, and garden projects on the land.Work Parties start at 5pm Friday, with dinner and an overview of the weekend, then Saturday is full of service projects, with shared meals and evening relaxation time. Sunday breakfast is followed by more project work, and then folks head back into the world, hopefully fueled up in inspiration and satisfaction of work well done!
Ekone Work Party Weekends:
We host weekend work parties during the Spring, Fall, and Winter. Stay tuned for Fall dates coming soon!
If you’d like to be on the Work Party email list or to RSVP for a particular work party weekend, please email our volunteer coordinator Mindy: Mindy@Ekone.org
Memorial Day Open House & Camp Out – 3pm Sunday May 26th until Noon on Monday May 27th
- This annual Open House and Camp Out is a great opportunity to spend some low-key time on the land, and to learn more about natural green burial and White Eagle wilderness conservation cemetery.
- This event is free, and we will provide dinner Sunday and breakfast on Monday, but please bring your own snacks if you need them, and let us know about dietary considerations when you RSVP.
- People are welcome to camp in the Ekone Ranch Valley, or out at the burial ground, in designated areas. Our bunkhouse is under construction so this is a CAMPING Only event – bring your tent or reserve a room at the Ponderosa Motel in town.
- We are hosting a different event from Saturday to Sunday morning, so plan to arrive after 3pm Sunday.
- Please leave your dog friends at home for this event.
- RSVP please, with Jodie (whiteeagle at ekone dot org), and you will receive an email with more information the week before the event.
September 28th – Barbed Wire Ball, Ekone Ranch’s annual FUNdraiser festival
- This family-friendly festival is full of live music, dancing, pony rides, walking tours, fundraising auction, cakewalk, barbecue, and fun. Tickets will be available this summer on the Ekone Ranch website.
- Sign up for our mailing list with firstname.lastname@example.org to stay connected to all the amazingness that happens here, year-round, including summer camps, quests and retreats, work parties, and updates from Ekone Ranch.
November – All Souls Day Work Party and Ceremony. Join us for some productive time together on the land, during our annual All Souls Day Celebration, Saturday November 2nd, 10am – 4pm.
We gather in the lodge to begin the day together, then split into smaller groups for project work, to prepare the burial ground for winter. We’ll share lunch of soup and soul cakes, and then some Ceremony and quiet time on the land for reflection.
Wear sturdy work clothes, bring gloves and hand tools, and objects of remembrance for our Lodge altar and the Ceremony blanket.
WEMP stewards will be available to answer questions about natural burial.
RSVP with Jodie : email@example.com