2017 Calendar of Events at White Eagle
*If you’d like to stay in the loop for White Eagle events, you can follow us on Facebook, or email us to be included on occasional email updates. Visit Ekone’s website to stay current with everything that is happening at Ekone Ranch!
April 1st & 2nd – Natural Death Care Symposium in Hood River and Ekone Ranch
- Join us at the Hood River Library on April 1st from 9am-1pm for a Symposium about Natural Burial and Home Funerals and Commemoration Rituals with Holly Pruett (Death:OK, The Death Talk Project), and David Noble (River View Cemetery in Portland)
- We’ll have a break for lunch and reconvene from 3-5pm for a facilitated conversation planning game in conjunction with National Health Care Decision Day.
- April 2nd at 1pm we’ll host a field trip to White Eagle for a tour of our wilderness burial ground and a remembrance ritual.
- More details and links to registration are available on The Death Talk Project’s Natural Death Care Symposium page.
April 19th & 22nd – Natural Death Care Symposium in Portland
- Join us at River View Cemetery in SW Portland at 7pm on April 19th, for a facilitated conversation planning game in conjunction with National Health Care Decision Day.
- Symposium workshops from 9am-1pm on April 22nd at River View Cemetery.
- Register at The Death Talk Project’s Natural Death Care Symposium page.
May 28 & 29 – Memorial Day Open House & Camp Out –
- This annual Open House and Camp Out is a great opportunity to spend some low-key time on the land, and to learn more about natural burial and White Eagle.
- We’ll offer tours with WEMP stewards, and share a picnic dinner and some breakfast.
- People are welcome to camp in the Ekone Ranch Valley, or out by the canyon.
- $20 suggested donation
- RSVP please, with Jodie (whiteeagle at ekone dot org)
- More details coming in Spring…
September 23rd – Barbed Wire Ball, Ekone’s annual FUNdraiser festival
- This family-friendly festival is full of live music, dancing, pony rides, walking tours, fundraising auction, cakewalk, barbecue, and fun. Tickets will be available this summer.
- Sign up for our mailing list with firstname.lastname@example.org to stay connected to all the amazingness that happens here, year-round, including summer camps, quests and retreats, workparties, and updates from the Ranch.
October 5-8th – Living and Dying Quest at Ekone, with Charlene Ray
In this 4 day intensive, we will explore death in a way that enables us to live a more full and vibrant life. Through the practice of solo nature tasks on the earth, ceremonial sweat, death lodge, forgiveness work, guided meditation, art, and movement, we will deeply explore ourselves, our beliefs, and remove barriers to our full expression of life. The program includes a 24 hour solo quest on the land.
- Please register for this Quest experience with Charlene through her website.
November 4th – All Souls Day Work Party and Ceremony
Join us for some productive time together on the land, during our annual All Souls Day Celebration, Saturday November 4th, 10am – 4pm.
We gather in the lodge to begin the day together, then split into smaller groups for project work, to prepare the burial ground for winter. We’ll share lunch of soup and soul cakes, and then some Ceremony and quiet time on the land for reflection.
Wear sturdy work clothes, bring gloves and hand tools, and objects of remembrance for our Lodge altar and the Ceremony blanket.
WEMP stewards will be available to answer questions about natural burial.
RSVP with Jodie : email@example.com ($20 donation)