2019 Calendar of Events at White Eagle
Throughout the year: Ekone Ranch Work Parties These weekends, held once a month (except during summer camp season), are lovely way to get to know the community and do conservation, forestry, and garden projects on the land.Work Parties start at 5pm Friday, with dinner and an overview of the weekend, then Saturday is full of service projects, with shared meals and evening relaxation time. Sunday breakfast is followed by more project work, and then folks head back into the world, hopefully fueled up in inspiration and satisfaction of work well done!
Spring 2019 Work Party Weekends:
February 8-10 March 15-17 April 12-14 May 3-5
If you’d like to be on the Work Party email list, please email Jodie: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ like to RSVP for a particular work party weekend, please email our volunteer coordinator Mindy: Mindy@Ekone.org
Memorial Day Open House & Camp Out – 3pm Sunday until Noon on Monday
- This annual Open House and Camp Out is a great opportunity to spend some low-key time on the land, and to learn more about natural green burial and White Eagle wilderness conservation cemetery.
- We’ll offer tours with WEMP stewards, and share a picnic dinner and some breakfast.
- People are welcome to camp in the Ekone Ranch Valley, or out by the canyon. Bunk space is also available in the bunkhouse.
- $20 suggested donation
- RSVP please, with Jodie (whiteeagle at ekone dot org)
- Facilitated workshop on planning for natural burial.
- Please leave your dog friends at home for this event
September 28th – Barbed Wire Ball, Ekone Ranch’s annual FUNdraiser festival
- This family-friendly festival is full of live music, dancing, pony rides, walking tours, fundraising auction, cakewalk, barbecue, and fun. Tickets will be available this summer on the Ekone Ranch website.
- Sign up for our mailing list with email@example.com to stay connected to all the amazingness that happens here, year-round, including summer camps, quests and retreats, workparties, and updates from Ekone Ranch.
November – All Souls Day Work Party and Ceremony. Join us for some productive time together on the land, during our annual All Souls Day Celebration, Saturday November 2nd, 10am – 4pm.
We gather in the lodge to begin the day together, then split into smaller groups for project work, to prepare the burial ground for winter. We’ll share lunch of soup and soul cakes, and then some Ceremony and quiet time on the land for reflection.
Wear sturdy work clothes, bring gloves and hand tools, and objects of remembrance for our Lodge altar and the Ceremony blanket.
WEMP stewards will be available to answer questions about natural burial.
RSVP with Jodie : firstname.lastname@example.org ($20 donation)